Tuesday 23 February 2010

"What Happens After Sex!"

Well, it's finished. After working on the screenplay from -- God, what must it have been? -- about May last year, I finally have my completed draft. 95 pages of written word. Hoorah!



I think what I've discovered while writing this screenplay is how important rewriting actually is. I mean, I've always known its important -- you read that everywhere (writing is rewriting, yada yada yada) but actually, in practise, you honestly see how true that is. I must have written the first scene over twenty times over the last year, trying different structures, a different pace, different jokes and in the end, I finished with something I liked!



I'm proud of this screenplay -- in fact, this is the first screenplay I've written that I can say that about. Now, all that's left is the upward slog to selling the damn thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!